Featured Post

Successfully Migrating to AndroidX

I have been putting off the switch to the AndroidX replacement for the old Android Support libraries for quite a while. Every time I tried, I ran into a conflicting class issue and never found the time to properly debug it. During some dedicated procrastination time today, and incentivised by the new DayNight theme (with a different background colour to the old library), I finally found the solution to a few problems that I've encountered - hopefully, the following post will help if you've come across a similar issue.

In this post I am going to go through the steps and issues that occurred when I updated the app I have been working on. Since I haven't touched the code for this app for almost half a year, it's using the latest release of the support libraries.

1: Update dependencies
The first thing I did was make sure that my dependencies were all up to date - yours might already be up to date, however, I hadn't done this for a while. Firstly I updated Gradle for An…

Bluetooth Not Working After Sleep - Macbook Pro

Creating a web application with Angular and Firebase - What I Learned

Regularly Polling API with RxJava & Retrofit

Automatic Spotify Playlist of loved tracks

My Twitter Bio Is Alive!

Graphing Energy Consumption with TP Link HS100 Smart Plug

Material About Library - Release 2.3.0 Desktop Wallpaper

Custom Error Handling with RxJava & Retrofit 2